Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mmeh...

I don't really have to much to say. I finally go caught up on my Google Reader on my phone, and that made me feel like I should do a blog posting of my own. I only follow five blogs on the Google Reader, but several of them typically post multiple times a day. If I don't stay on top of it, I fall way behind.

The weird thing is that I tend to not even like one of the blogs I follow. "Bad Astronomy" is its name, and it is by a sciency type who strikes me as very anti-religious. I myself am rather sciency, and I believe that the universe is about 15 billion years old and in evolution and all that, but I am also a Lutheran, and while I believe in God, I also believe that the Bible is not meant to be taken as 100% literal, so I don't think that a belief in science is incompatable with my faith. I think that my view about that is fairly mainstream, and many people don't have a problem with things like the proper teaching of science in school. The minority of creationists are simply very vocal and influential. Anywho, "Bad Astronomy" frequently seems to lump people like me in with the super-hardcore creationists, which I don't care for.
Sent on the Now Network� from my Sprint® BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment