Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Internet Boredom

I was bored on the internet, and discovered that one of the many possible anagrams of my name is "Onscreen Strip Joust". Thought that would be a good name for a blog, so I changed the name. So that's that.

On an unrelated note, I should vent a little bit about a frustrating experience I had while playing World of Warcraft earlier today. I started a rogue, which is a class I haven't explored much, and was in Dun Morogh, the starting area for dwarfs and gnomes. My character is a gnome, by the way. Having just reached level 10, I was doing a couple quests in a quarry full of these ape-like fellows, when along came a level 60 human death knight, who asked if I wanted help. I said, "no thanks", and continued killing the monsters, or "mobs" as they are referred to by people who play. She then ran into this cave on the side of the quarry that was full of some slightly different ape-like fellows who I also had to kill. Just as I started targeting the creatures so I could fight them, she would kill them. I kept fighting the ones she didn't kill first, and I ended up pretty deep in the cave. When I tried to make my way back out, there were too many mobs near the entrance and I couldn't stay alive long enough to kill any of them. I got very frustrated and had to stop playing for a while. The moral of the story is this: If you play an online-game, and you have a high-level character, but spend your time in the starting area for low level characters, you are a dick...or in this case, a bitch.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment