Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nice Day

It's a nice day here in Menahga. Maybe a little cool, but I like it. I walked over to Spirit Lake, and thought I would share the view. The air is cool, and there is just a slight breeze. As you can see, the water is almost like glass.

I don't know if it shows up in my picture, but there is some kind of radio tower across the lake from me. I wonder if it is the tower my phone uses? I have always enjoyed walking and being outside, but I am very fussy about my temperature. I don't like being too hot, so I don't care for the middle of summer. I suppose that is also why I never played many sports...too sweaty.

The sun has poked out from behind the clouds. That might of been a better picture, but I don't know how to do that in the middle of an e-mail, which is how I am writing this. Some other people just showed up here. I think they are having some kind of mid-afternoon picnic. They say the frog are out.

From where I sit, I can hear several birds singing, but I can also hear cars and trucks on the highway, which is only a few blocks from the lake. I have always found the sounds of nature and civilization to complement each other in the most interesting ways. Like me blogging from my phone at a picnic table by a beautiful glassy lake, across from what might be my cell tower.

The people who stopped her actually wanted to walk their puppies. They are very cute. I took a picture, but I don't know how to add it at this point. I'm not good at identifying puppy breeds, but they are either chihuahuas or golden labs.
Sent on the Now Network� from my Sprint® BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment